20040222

This just in...

I don't know what to do for my english paper. That sounded weird. Oh well, I have this english paper that has to be about the book 'The Tempest' by William Shakespeare (b*****d!). It isn't about the book, but about stuff in the book. I'm suppose to come up with topics, but I don't know of any good topics. My professor gave the class some ideas to choose from and I like one of them, but I don't know if I want to do that one. I was thinking of doing something that involves Ariel and whether the spirit is a guy or a girl. I read some people say Ariel is a guy because of the way Prospero refers to "it", but then I read some people say Ariel is a girl because...because...I forgot . It doesn't matter because if I do do that topic then I'll research it.

I'm also thinking about doing something on Caliban like how he can be a non-sensitive character, but then have a line or saying that changes how people look at him. My professor mentioned something about this which is what got me to think about doing this topic. I was also thinking of cross-referencing Caliban with other characters in Shakespeare's plays to see if there are any similarities and differences. But this would take too much work as I haven't read that many plays by Shakespeare. The only ones I've read are The Tempest, Romeo and Juliet, and that's it, I think. I was suppose to read Much Ado About Nothing my senior year of high school, but my teacher never had the time to assign it. So that's it.

Until then...
-Shakespeare (B*****D!).

No comments: